Legislative Activism Workshop and Training
Sponsored by First Unitarian Church of Dallas Social Action Council.
Local elections this year and the national election in 2020 are already engaging citizen groups that are gearing up to engage with candidates and elected officials. Our trainer is Birk Wilkison a former Texas legislative staffer. In this workshop you will learn advocacy techniques to use when contacting elected officials by learning how to:
1. Conduct an in-person visit with your senator or representative.
2. Contact your elected officials to communicate your legislative priorities.
3. Advocate for bills you support and identify bills you don't support.
4. Prepare for Texas Unitarian Universalist Justice Ministry advocacy day March 20th
5. Have fun working with and getting to know volunteers from around the area in like-minded civic and advocacy organizations.
Coffee, tea, soft drinks and water will be provided.
Limited parking is available on Normandy Ave. next to the church (north side),. More is available on St. Andrews Drive on the south side of the church, and in the lot behind the church (east side) off St. Andrews Drive.
Please RSVP to: Rollin Gary, Chair Precinct 2020, and Precinct Chair Coordinator, DCDP HD114