We’re hiring a field/outreach director! Come work with us as we grow our majority in Dallas County, and turn Texas blue.
Who we are:
The Dallas County Democratic Party is on the front lines of the fight to save our democracy in a state led by conservative extremists desperate to hold on to political power, afraid of the people, and suppressing votes instead of delivering basic resources like electricity.
Our diverse county serves 2.6 million people across 900 square miles. We work each day to grow our majority in Dallas County, and turn Texas blue. We will register voters, and turn out every Democratic voter in every neighborhood with our broad coalition of elected officials, Precinct Chairs, clubs, and activists from every part of the county.
Dallas County Democrats are an inclusive, people-powered movement that believes in equal opportunity, fairness, freedom, family, community, and a responsibility to ourselves and each other.
About the Opportunity
The Dallas County Democratic Party (DCD) is seeking a Field/Outreach Director to handle the day-to-day organizing and data needs of the DCD and it’s various campaigns. The position will work across departments to use innovative data to build successful campaigns. We are looking for a passionate, hardworking individual who is committed to electing Dallas County Democrats. We encourage applicants with campaign experience to apply.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and qualifications. The full-time Field/Outreach Director reports to the Executive Director.
- Work closely with the TDP and Secretary of State’s office to ensure timely and accurate updates of the voter file, absentee data, and polling locations
- Administer DCD’s VAN committees, including user permissions, accounts, shared data sets, and other settings
- Develop and deliver training and best practices, particularly around VAN and other voter contact tools
- Provide support to committee admins and users by setting up troubleshooting standards and systems of communication
- Create voter contact and volunteer recruitment universes as needed
- Produce analysis of voter contact results, program health, early vote and absentee turnout, voter registration, and other data relevant to campaigns and present these effectively to leadership
- Build automated workflows to streamline organizing tasks
- Assisting in the hiring and placement of organizing staff
- Training and supervising organizing staff throughout the campaign cycle, while implementing clear benchmarks and accountability measures
- Designing and implementing field, voter contact, and training programs
- Work to build local grassroots volunteer teams that will then engage in direct voter contact, volunteer recruitment and retention.
- Facilitating tiered canvass programs
- Working with State Party’s data director to analyze data and track progress of field programs
- Coordinating with organizing directors of statewide campaigns and caucus programs
- Preparing reports for the Executive Director and Chair
- Building and leveraging key relationships on the ground across the state
- Leading internal communications with organizing staff
- Work to elect all Democrats up and down the ticket
- Work to develop strong relationships with precinct chairs and constituency groups, including local grassroots organizations and activists, and partner and ally groups
- Meet or exceed metrics-based goals for volunteer recruitment & retention as well as direct voter contact
- Be a representative of the DCD and our policies, including neutrality as directed
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous campaign field management experience required; ability to meet voter contact and recruitment goals
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant community or political organizing/advocacy experience required; 2 in a leadership position
- An independent thinker, self-motivated, problem solver, and team player, with a commitment to excellence.
- Proficient in voter database systems, such as NGP-VAN, and Google Suite
- At least 2 cycles of electoral campaign experience
- Experience supervising and training organizers strongly preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment while remaining detail oriented and focused on deadlines
- Ability to meet multiple shifting deadlines and priorities with nimbleness and flexibility while maintaining a perspective on long-term goals
- Take initiative and provide data-oriented solutions to departments across the organization
- Excellent ability to communicate data-driven recommendations to non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with predictive models and probabilities, and their application to voter targeting/segmentation
Interested candidates should submit their resume, a detailed cover letter, and one writing sample to Chair Kristy Noble at email@example.com. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials by July 31, 2021. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
DCD recognizes that our success requires us to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work. We are focused on building a staff that is diverse of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Candidates of color, women, LGBTQI, and more are encouraged to apply.